Methodist Center for Diabetes and Nutritional Health
Education, nutrition and treatment for diabetics and their families.
If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with diabetes, the Methodist Center for Diabetes and Nutritional Health can help you manage type 1 diabetes, type 2 diabetes or gestational diabetes.
Learning about diabetes is the first step in gaining control of the complications of the disease. Through group classes, an experienced team of certified diabetes educators, nurses and nutritionists work together with you, your loved ones and your physician to create an individual medication, diet and lifestyle plan to help you manage and control your diabetes.
We can help you take control of your diabetes. Register for Diabetes Education classes.
Nutritional health services
Whether you have been diagnosed with diabetes, pre-diabetes or diabetes during pregnancy (gestational diabetes), we provide registered dietitians to help you improve your nutritional health.
Services we provide include:
- Diabetes education classes for type 1 diabetes and type 2 diabetes
- Classes for women diagnosed with diabetes during pregnancy - gestational diabetes
- Pre-diabetes classes for those at-risk for developing diabetes
- Insulin pump evaluation
- Individual nutrition counseling
- Weight management programs for kids, teens and adults
- Eye disease screening (diabetic retinopathy)
American Diabetes Association Certification
The Methodist Center for Diabetes and Nutritional Health has been awarded the American Diabetes Association (ADA) Education Recognition Certificate for its quality diabetes self-management education program.