Palliative Care at Methodist Hospital
The Palliative Care team at Methodist Hospital provides comfort care and assistance to anyone facing a life-limiting illness no matter what the time frame. Our team gears their care toward pain and symptom management with a focus on providing you the best quality of life.
Using a team approach to your care, our palliative care team will work collaboratively with your physician to:
- Discuss your health care goals and needs
- Provide expert management of pain and other symptoms
- Help you navigate the healthcare system
- Offer guidance with difficult and complex treatment choices
- Give emotional and spiritual support for you and your family
Can I request Palliative Care?
We recommend you discuss palliative care with your physician. He or she will need to request a consult with the palliative care team. We work together with your primary care physician to manage your symptoms and ensure your health care goals are met.
Is Palliative Care reimbursed?
Most insurance plans cover the palliative care you receive in the hospital, just like other consultations. This includes both Medicare and Medicaid.
Meet our Medical Director, Todd M. Sauer, MD.
Methodist Hospital Palliative Care
8303 Dodge St.
Omaha, NE 68114