For COVID-19 and vaccination updates, view our information for the community. If you're experiencing symptoms, call your primary care provider.
- Affiliated Organizations
- Awards and Accreditations
- Careers and Job Opportunities
- Community Benefits
- Mission, Vision, Values and Commitment
- Aortic Dissection at Any Age: The Tyler Kahle Story
- Billing and Insurance
- Clinical Trials
- Labor and Delivery Preadmission Form
- Get Care Today
- Methodist Fremont Health
- Methodist Hospital
- Methodist Jennie Edmundson Hospital
- Methodist Physicians Clinic 8111 Dodge
- Methodist Physicians Clinic Indian Hills
- Methodist Physicians Clinic
- Methodist Women's Hospital
- Methodist Health Partners
- Methodist Mobile 3D Mammography
- Admission Forms
- Methodist My Care
- Patient Education
- Patient and Visitor Services
- Pregnancy to Parenthood App
- Recognize Staff
- Request Medical Records
- Provider and Employee Resources
- Acute Rehabilitation
- Bariatric Surgery
- Behavioral Health
- Birth Services
- Breast Cancer
- Cancer Rehabilitation
- Cancer Treatment
- Clinical Trials
- Gynecologic Oncology
- Head and Neck Oncology
- Hereditary Cancer Risk Program
- Lung and Thoracic Oncology
- Radiation Oncology
- Skin Cancer
- Support Services
- Surgical Oncology
- Clinical Trials
- Diabetes and Endocrinology
- Emergency Services
- Family Medicine
- Geriatrics and Senior Services
- Home Care
- Hospice Care
- Infectious Disease
- Internal Medicine
- Lung and Pulmonary Medicine
- Nutrition and Weight Management
- Pain Management
- Palliative Care
- Physical Therapy
- Primary Care
- Reproductive Health
- Sleep Services
- Travel Medicine
- Urgent Care
- Vascular and Vein
- Virtual Care
- Women's Health
- Wound Care
Methodist Health System Standard Charges
To improve price transparency, all U.S. hospitals and health systems are required to provide lists of standard hospital charges ― also called a chargemaster ― so patients can compare prices across hospitals. Here are a few considerations to keep in mind.
- These charges are rarely the price that patients pay. The chargemaster lists the dollar amount set for each service prior to insurance contract/benefit plan discounts or self-pay discounts being applied, so the price patients pay tends to be less than the standard charge.
- Hospital charges differ from patient to patient for the same service depending upon variations in treatment.
- Patients who are eligible for financial assistance also receive additional discounts.
- Items included in a charge vary across hospital systems. For example, what’s included in one hospital’s charge for room and board may differ from other hospital’s charge ― some hospitals bundle services together into a single charge that others may list separately.
- Looking at various hospital charges does not provide any indication of quality of service and outcomes.
Methodist Health System Average Charges by Type of Patient Group
All hospitals and health systems also are required to provide a listing of average charges by types of patient groups, referred to as MS-DRGs (Medicare Severity Diagnosis Related Groups). Patients can view similar listings posted by different hospitals, which provide a more direct comparison of charges than the standard charges in the chargemaster.
Methodist Health System Shoppable Services Prices
All hospitals and health systems also are required to post a list of at least 300 Shoppable Services along with the corresponding prices for each of those services. Each of these Shoppable Services includes the following amounts: Gross Charge, Discounted Cash Price, Payer-Specific Negotiated Charges, De-Identified Minimum Negotiated Charge, and De-Identified Maximum Negotiated Charge.
As with the list of standard hospital charges discussed above, the prices on the primary care procedures list represent the standard amount for each service prior to insurance contract/benefit plan discounts or self-pay discounts being applied. What a patient actually pays will depend on their unique benefit plan terms.
|View the Shoppable Services and Standard Charges available at Methodist Health System facilities.|
|Nebraska Methodist Hospital||Methodist Women's Hospital|