Before visiting, please review our current visitor policies and COVID-19 information.
Your First Step to a Great Birth Plan
Methodist is excited to offer the women of Council Bluffs and western Iowa the best possible care for their growing families closer to home. That’s why - in addition to a newly expanded Women’s Center - we are proud to introduce a nearly $11 million renovation at Methodist Jennie Edmundson to provide you with the safest and most comfortable environment to bring your baby into the world.
Methodist Physicians Clinic Women’s Center
New clinic space opened summer 2020 at the new Methodist Jennie Edmundson Medical Plaza.
- Six board-certified OB/GYNs
- A certified nurse midwife
- Three nurse practitioners specializing in women’s health
- Dedicated space for consultations with maternal/fetal medicine specialists from Methodist Women’s Hospital Perinatal Center
- 25 exam rooms plus additional rooms for diagnostics, testing and treatment
- Adjacent imaging services including ultrasound, DEXA and mammography
Methodist Jennie Edmundson Women and Newborns
Located on the completely renovated 5th floor of Methodist Jennie Edmundson Hospital.
- 18,000 square feet
- Six private rooms where moms can labor in a comfortable and soothing environment
- Three Jacuzzi tubs for pain control
- 12 post-partum rooms for bonding with baby after delivery
- A C-section suite with the ability to do skin to skin in the surgical space
- 4 Level II NICU bays with space for breastfeeding moms
- Expanded space for childbirth education, prenatal education and post-partum breastfeeding support
- Safe Place – infant security system
- Larger waiting room space for family and friends
Birth Services are Available at These Council Bluffs Locations:
Access Methodist My Care
Access your medical records, schedule an appointment and more – all in one convenient spot.
Pay a Bill
Our bill pay portal makes it easy to access and view your updated account information 24/7.