Donations for Back to School Backpack Program Accepted Through Aug. 6Published: July 3, 2023
For the 10th consecutive year, Methodist Health System is partnering with KETV and the Omaha Salvation Army for the Back to School Backpack Program. The annual campaign provides school supplies to families in Omaha, Council Bluffs and Fremont, helping children begin the school year with the tools they need to be successful.
While all donations will be accepted, the items most needed include:
- Spiral notebooks
- Colored pencils
- Theme paper
- Two-pocket folders
- Reusable water bottles
- Hand sanitizer
Members of the public can drop off school supplies through Aug. 6 at Methodist Urgent Care locations from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. on weekdays and noon to 6 p.m. on weekends. The locations are:
- Aksarben Village. 6700 Mercy Road, Suite 109, Omaha
- Elkhorn. 20021 Manderson St., Omaha
- Fremont. 1240 E. 23rd St.
- Gretna. 11946 Standing Stone Drive
- Jennie Edmundson Medical Plaza. 808 E. Pierce St., Council Bluffs
- Millard. 5908 S. 142nd St., Omaha
- Papillion. 101 E. Centennial Road
Supplies can also be dropped off at participating Metro Credit Union, Cubby's and Salvation Army locations. For a full list of school supply drop-off and distribution locations, click here. To make a monetary donation online, click here.
KETV, the Salvation Army and other sponsors will be accepting donations at Methodist Women’s Hospital on Wednesday, Aug. 2.