Before visiting, please review our current visitor policies and COVID-19 information.
Healthy Recipe: Sautéed Chicken with Quinoa and Roasted Sweet Potatoes
This tasty meal combines sweetness, a little kick and plenty of protein to fill you up at about 400 calories per serving.
- 1 8-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- ½ cup diced sweet potatoes
- 8 tablespoons nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 teaspoon seeded, diced jalapeno pepper (for chutney, if desired)
- Olive oil: 1 tablespoon for chicken breast, 1 tablespoon for sweet potatoes
- Salt: ¼ teaspoon for chicken breast, ¼ teaspoon for sweet potatoes, ½ teaspoon for quinoa
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon for sweet potatoes
- Black pepper (to taste) for chicken and potatoes
To prepare chutney
Place yogurt, mint, cilantro leaves and jalapeno into blender. Pulse on medium speed until the ingredients are well-blended. Refrigerate for later use.
To prepare main dish
Prepare quinoa according to package instructions, using only water and ½ teaspoon of salt. Set aside.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place diced sweet potatoes in small bowl and toss with salt, cinnamon, black pepper and olive oil. Pour potatoes in a small sauté pan and roast in oven for approximately 15-20 minutes until tender and caramelized.
Season chicken breast on both sides with salt and pepper. Heat a sauté pan over medium high heat and then add oil. Allow oil to barely begin to smoke, then place chicken breast into pan. Sauté for 2-3 minutes, then flip and sauté on other side for 1 minute. Watch for spattering oil.
Reduce oven heat to 350 degrees. Place pan of chicken in oven to finish for 7-10 minutes, or until the internal temperature reads at least 165 degrees at the thickest part of the breast. When finished, remove from oven and let rest 5-10 minutes before slicing.
Place ½ cup quinoa on plate, off-center. Place ¼ cup sweet potatoes next to quinoa. Place sliced chicken on top of quinoa and sweet potatoes, then top with chutney.
17 grams fat
1,221 milligrams sodium
33 grams carbohydrates
4 grams fiber
6 grams sugar
45 grams protein