14th Annual Jennie Ed Sports Med MAC Shootout Is Jan. 10-11Published: Jan. 2, 2020
The 14th annual Jennie Ed Sports Med MAC Shootout will take place Friday, Jan. 10, and Saturday, Jan. 11, at the Mid-America Center in Council Bluffs.
This special high school basketball event includes 24 regional boys and girls teams. The Shootout is sponsored by Methodist Jennie Edmundson and co-hosted by the four Council Bluffs and Glenwood high schools as well as the Mid-America Center.
Once again, this year’s Shootout is highlighted by matching up many Iowa versus Nebraska squads, creating a “Border Battle.” Of the 12 scheduled games, six will feature Iowa vs. Nebraska programs, with many highly ranked teams and players from both states showcasing their talents.
“It’s always an honor to offer basketball fans an event like this," said Vince Rew, director of marketing for Methodist Jennie Edmundson Hospital. “Rarely can you bring so many quality teams together at this stage of the season. That’s what makes the Shootout among the Midwest’s best each year.”
The event also offers local teams – big and small – the opportunity to play in one of Iowa’s premier venues, the Mid-America Center.
“Methodist Jennie Edmundson Sports Medicine has provided dozens of southwest Iowa schools and countless community events with athletic training coverage for 33 years,” said Steve Baumert, president and CEO of Methodist Jennie Edmundson Hospital. “The Shootout allows us to say thank you to the thousands of players, coaches and communities we have partnered with over the years.”
The 12 game, two-day schedule will go as follows:
Friday, Jan. 10
- 4 p.m.: Fremont Mills/Underwood (G)
- 5:30 p.m.: Thomas Jefferson vs. Louisville (B) (*Border Battle)
- 7 p.m.: Glenwood vs. Shenandoah (G)
- 8:30 p.m.: Glenwood vs. Shenandoah (B)
Saturday, Jan. 11
- 10 a.m.: Fremont Mills/Underwood (B)
- 11:30 a.m.: Thomas Jefferson (G) vs. Plattsmouth (*Border Battle)
- 1 p.m.: Treynor vs. St. Albert (G)
- 2:30 p.m.: Ankeny Christian vs. St. Albert (B)
- 4 p.m.: Lewis Central vs. Millard South (G) (*Border Battle)
- 5:30 p.m.: Lewis Central vs. Millard South (B) (*Border Battle)
- 7 p.m.: Abraham Lincoln vs. Bellevue West (G) (*Border Battle)
- 8:30 p.m.: Abraham Lincoln vs. Bellevue West (B) (*Border Battle)
Tickets are $8 for adults and $6 for students and will cover both days. They are available at the MAC Box Office by calling (712) 323-0536, or at all Ticketmaster locations.
A hospitality room will be available for all coaches, administrators, officials and members of the media. Media members are welcome to contact Vince Rew or the Mid-America Center for entry.