Thinking — and talking — about end-of-life care.
Hospice care provides support for people in the final phase of a terminal illness. Under the direction of a primary physician and a multidisciplinary team, hospice services are administered in the home or healthcare setting. The focus is on caring, not curing.
Physical comfort is emphasized, along with emotional, social and spiritual well-being. Family members receive education and support in coping with the disease process and the bereavement period. Our goal is not to intrude on families and their loved ones, but to support them.
Hospice care does not mean death is imminent or will happen within 24-48 hours. Many patients are able to leave hospice care and go on for months or years before coming back to receive additional services.
Hospice Care at Methodist Fremont Health
- We Honor Veterans Member
- The only hospice care with Fellowship Trained Hospice/Palliative Care Doctors
- Methodist Fremont Health Hospice offers Certified Hospice and Palliative Care RNs
- Bereavement services provided by Licensed Mental Health Social Workers
- The only local Hospice service
- Allows you to keep your primary doctor and have the added benefits of specialists at the time of need.
- Non-profit hospice