Our treatment teams are led by board-certified physicians who have specialized training in physical medicine and rehabilitation. You, your family or caregiver, and our specialists form a team to determine meaningful and important goals while working to ensure that you enjoy the best quality of life possible.
We serve patients with medical or physical impairments due to illness or injury that include:
- Brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Multiple traumas
- Neurological conditions
- Orthopedic conditions
- Pulmonary and cardiac disorders
Our goal is to ensure that each of our patients experiences the highest possible quality of life.
Cutting-Edge Care, Close to Home
Located in the heart of Omaha, our 22-bed inpatient rehabilitation facility offers:
- A newly renovated gym and transitional living apartment specifically designed to help patients boost mobility and navigate homelike spaces
- 24-hour rehabilitation nursing, including care by certified rehabilitation registered nurses (CRRN)
- Expertise from a variety of specialists, including hospitalists; medical social workers; physiatrists; physical/occupational and speech therapists; neurohospitalists; neuro-optometrists; respiratory therapists; and spiritual care staff members
- Rehabilitation physicians available 24 hours per day, including an on-site medical director
- Registered nurses and physical, occupational, speech and therapeutic recreation therapists who participate in annual education specific to strokes, spinal cord injuries, brain injuries and amputations
- One-on-one treatment sessions with licensed physical, occupational and speech therapy staff members
- Home evaluations to ensure that the patient and family are safe and prepared to return home
- Community reintegration to ensure that the patient and family feel comfortable returning to community activities
- Education for the patient and family
- State-of-the-art technology and therapy equipment, including:
- LiteGait: A device used on a treadmill or over the ground that allows a patient’s weight to be lifted – encouraging them to walk while improving balance and posture
- Bioness Integrated Therapy System (BITS): An interactive system to assess, challenge and track vision, cognition and balance
- Bioness L300: An electrical stimulation device for the lower extremities that assists in activating nerves and muscles to lift the foot when a patient is experiencing foot drop while walking
- EksoNR robotic exoskeleton: A wearable robotic device used to assist patients with walking by reteaching the brain and muscles
- Neuromuscular electrical stimulation: A device that transmits an electrical impulse to cause a muscle contraction and allow movement in an impaired extremity
- iPads: Used for speech therapy to improve a patient’s cognition and communication
Amputation Specialty Program
Offered at Methodist Hospital, the Amputation Specialty Program brings together a team of specialists – including physicians, nurses, therapists and a prosthetist – who are focused on treatment and recovery following limb amputation. We provide individualized care and education specific to the needs of each of our patients and their families. Highly trained specialists work together to help patients achieve the greatest possible comfort, mobility and level of independence.
The Methodist Hospital Stroke Specialty Program brings together a team of specialists – including physicians, nurses and therapists – who are focused on stroke treatment and recovery. We provide individual care and education specific to the needs of the stroke survivor and their family. Through specialized physical, speech and occupational therapy, we help patients recover independence and function to lead lives that are as productive as possible.
Stroke survivors and their family members and caregivers are invited to join our Stroke Support Group. Our mission is to provide education, encouragement, hope and understanding for survivors and the people who love and care for them. For more information, please call (402) 354-4461.
Acute Rehabilitation Services Are Located at These Locations:
Awards and Accreditations