For COVID-19 and vaccination updates, view our information for the community. If you're experiencing symptoms, call your primary care provider.
Heart and Lung Wellness Program
The Methodist Heart and Lung Wellness Program is centered on a working relationship between you and all the members of your extended care team, which may include:
- A care navigator
- Community resource liaisons
- Hospital case management staff
- Palliative care staff
- Pharmacy staff
- Various physicians
The program includes customized treatment plans for you and your specific condition, including follow-up care by cardiac and pulmonary specialists within a week after hospital discharge. It also ensures that you’ll get timely clinic access, including same-day appointments, to treat exacerbation of your illness.
The goals of the program include:
- Helping patients identify personal health goals and attain the highest quality of life and functional status
- Reducing acute care hospitalizations and overall cost of care for chronic heart and lung disease
- Ongoing collaboration with your primary care provider