For COVID-19 and vaccination updates, view our information for the community. If you're experiencing symptoms, call your primary care provider.
Vascular and Vein
Find a Provider
Methodist is committed to providing patients access to new medications and devices through clinical trials aimed at understanding and improving existing vascular treatments. Our board-certified providers have access to some of the most advanced diagnostic and treatment options in the region and provide outreach services to patients in Blair, Neb., and Harlan, Iowa. Together, they provide 24/7 emergency vascular and vein coverage at three of our hospitals. With vascular labs at three clinic locations, we offer a convenient, comprehensive and personalized approach to addressing each patient’s specific needs.
With a focus on arterial (artery-related) and venous (vein-related) diseases, as well as a number of chronic conditions, Methodist’s team of vascular and vein experts offers a wide variety of services to help patients reach their goals.
Our arterial services include:
- Acute aortic dissection
- Acute pulmonary embolism treatment
- Complex aortic aneurysm repair (endovascular and open-surgery options)
- Limb salvage
- Mesenteric revascularization
- Renal artery revascularization
- Stroke prevention
- Carotid endarterectomy (CEA)
- Transcarotid artery revascularization (TCAR)
- Transfemoral artery stenting
Our venous services include:
- Deep vein thrombosis and May-Thurner syndrome treatment
- Stenting and intravascular ultrasound
- Thrombolysis (intravenous and catheter-assisted)
- Varicose vein treatment
- Glue injection
- Laser therapy
Our team of experts is skilled at treating a variety of chronic conditions, including:
- Chronic aortic dissection
- Kidney failure requiring dialysis (hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis)
- Pulmonary embolism syndrome
- Recurring or persistent wounds
- Thoracic outlet syndrome
Vascular and Vein Services Are Available at These Locations:
Methodist Physicians ClinicFremont General Surgery
Methodist Physicians Clinic1 Edmundson Place
Have you had a vascular screening? No need to wait for a referral.
A vascular screening is a critical prevention tool that evaluates patients for the most common types of vascular diseases and disorders. At Methodist, these screenings are available to anyone with a high risk of vascular disease, including those who are over 60 years of age or have the following:
- Family history of atherosclerosis and/or other circulatory problems
- High cholesterol
- High blood pressure
For more information, or to schedule your vascular screening, call (402) 354-1200.
Awards and Accreditations