Methodist Fremont Health Visiting Hours and Policy
Hospital and Facility Visitor Policies
EFFECTIVE MONDAY, April 3, 2022:
Masks are not required for Methodist Health System patients, visitors and health care staff in public or patient care settings, regardless of vaccination status (COVID-19 and/or influenza). This includes Methodist acute care hospitals, ambulatory venues and home health locations.
Masking may still be required at Dunklau Gardens depending on the transmission rate in Dodge County. Please check with Dunklau Gardens administration if you have questions.
- Individuals may choose to continue to wear masks.
- Regulatory mandates will supersede any relaxation in masking requirements.
- All staff and providers who are asked by a patient to wear a mask are expected to do so.
- This does not apply to masking requirements for other purposes, including patients, staff and visitors in respiratory/droplet/airborne isolation and employee health return-to-work requirements.
Visitors and Support Persons
- There are no restrictions on the number of support persons allowed to accompany a patient at Methodist Physicians Clinics, Hospital-Owned Clinics and Outpatient Diagnostics.
- There are no restrictions on the number of visitors for patients during regular visiting hours.
- In Surgical Care Settings, two support persons are permitted in the waiting areas during regular visiting hours at hospital locations.
- The Emergency Department (ED) allows up to two visitors/support persons to stay with an ED patient. Additional visitor restrictions may apply, as determined by the patient care team.
Critical Care and Other Specialty Units:
- Critical care and other specialty units may have additional visitor-specific guidelines.
- In Inpatient Behavioral Health Settings, two adult support persons per day are permitted.
- Patients receiving end-of-life care as determined by the care team are an exception to the policies above.
- Additional exceptions may be discussed with the facility's administrative personnel or infection prevention experts.
- It is the expectation that family and visitors are free of communicable diseases and comply with infection control regulations and other Methodist Health System policies and procedures.
- Family or visitor presence may be limited during times of seasonal and/or transmissible illness in the community
Visitation for Dunklau Gardens at Methodist Fremont Health:
- Must be scheduled through (402) 727-3577
- No more than three (3) visitors at a time for up to 1 hour, frequency of visitation may be limited in order to accommodate all requested visits by all residents
- Must screen at entry to the facility and follow appropriate infection control practice, including masking
- Vaccinated visitors may touch their loved one in a private setting unmasked during their visit, depending on the resident’s vaccination status
- Unvaccinated visitors must follow all protected health measures throughout their visit, may include a barrier during visitation
Other visitor policy updates are as follows:
- Outpatient Diagnostics, Cancer Center, and Hospital-Owned Clinics:
- Two support persons will be allowed at Methodist Fremont Health
- Surgery/GI Endoscopy Center and Cardiovascular Center:
- Two support persons are permitted in the waiting areas during regular visiting hours at Methodist Fremont Health