For COVID-19 and vaccination updates, view our information for the community. If you're experiencing symptoms, call your primary care provider.
Caring for Nebraska's Families for More Than 120 Years
Located in Omaha, Methodist Hospital has a tradition of providing quality health care to the region in cardiovascular surgery, neurosurgery, women’s services, cancer care, gastroenterology, orthopedics and comprehensive diagnostic services.
Founded in 1891 by members of the Methodist Church in Omaha, Methodist Hospital is a not-for-profit, 423-bed acute care hospital serving the Omaha metropolitan area. In 2016, the hospital celebrated its 125th anniversary of caring for the community.
Methodist Hospital admits over 22,000 patients every year. It was the first hospital in Nebraska to earn Magnet designation for nursing excellence from the American Nurses Credentialing Center and has maintained that designation since.
The hospital moved to its current location in 1968 upon completion of a nine-story tower near the intersection of 84th Street and West Dodge Road. A second tower, completed in 1981, provided additional space for Methodist Hospital while providing a home for Children's Hospital.
Our notable growth through the years includes:
- A 55,500-square-foot addition to the south of the hospital opened to house Methodist Estabrook Cancer Center (MECC) and its outpatient surgery center (1991).
- Methodist Hospital cut the ribbon on a new three-story ambulatory care center (Methodist HealthWest) at 162nd Street and West Dodge Road (2000).
- A 20,400-square-feet addition at MECC was made to accommodate two new linear accelerators (2004).
- MECC expanded again to create physician offices and space for support services for cancer patients (2006).
- The Methodist Pathology Center-Schenken Pavilion opened on the 84th Street campus. The facility, named for legendary pathologist John R. “Rudy” Schenken and Jerald R. “Jerry” Schenken, is a center of excellence for pathology and serves a three-state area (2011).
- The regional leader in surgeries debuted its 15 new surgical suites, bringing to a close Phase II of the $90 million surgery renovation and expansion project on the Methodist Hospital campus. The project encompassed a new sterile processing department on the lower level, first-floor surgical suites and a surgery waiting area, and second-floor staff lounges and surgical department offices (2016).
- The Methodist Community Health Clinic, which provides full-range medical services to those in need, opened (2017).