For COVID-19 and vaccination updates, view our information for the community. If you're experiencing symptoms, call your primary care provider.
What to Bring
When visiting Methodist Fremont Health as a patient, please be sure to bring the following items with you:
- Health insurance card(s) and a form of payment toward services, if applicable.
- A parent or legal guardian if you are under age.
- A list of your medications (including vitamins, herbal supplements, and over-the-counter medications). Include the name, does and how often you take each medication.
- Clothing you will need if you stay overnight.
- Personal hygiene items.
- Equipment you use at home (sleep apnea machine/CPAP).
- Your eye drops and/or inhalers.
- Your completed advance medical directive, if you have one.
You should limit the items you bring to the hospital to those needed for your stay. Please do not bring excessive clothing, jewelry, cash, debit or credit cards, etc.
Valuables or cash in excess of $10 should be given to your nurse to be placed in the hospital’s safe. Patients assume responsibility for loss or damage to any valuables kept in their rooms. All valuables should be sent home with family members, if possible.