Methodist Hospital is happy to provide several options for patient and visitor parking as well as Internet access, dining/cafeteria options and spiritual care services to all patients and visitors. Click the options below to learn more about these amenities and more.
Due to construction projects on 84th Street facilitated by the City of Omaha, all Methodist Hospital traffic must enter from the south and east on Dodge Street. Please keep an eye out for signage indicating road closures and restrictions to ensure you arrive at the hospital safely.
- Valet Parking
Free Valet parking is available through a combination of valet stands and after-hours service from Security personnel. Tipping of valets is not required. We encourage patients and visitors with special needs to use our valet parking.
- Emergency Department
Valet stand operates 24/7 and is reserved for emergency room patients and their families.
- Main Entrance
Valet stand operates on the upper drive of Methodist Hospital, Monday through Friday. After hours, call 402-354-4000 or dial “0” from a hospital phone to request assistance from Security.
- Methodist Estabrook Cancer Center Valet Parking
A valet stand is available at Methodist Estabrook Cancer Center's east entrance.
- Visitor Parking Garage
Visitor parking is located directly east of the hospital in the new five-story parking garage. Covered walkways are provided from the parking garage to both towers of Methodist Hospital. From Dodge Street, access the main entrance by taking the lower drive in the front of Methodist Hospital.
- Methodist Estabrook Cancer Center Parking
Methodist Estabrook Cancer Center/Outpatient Surgery Center patients and visitors may use the 60-space parking lot on the south side of the Cancer Center or the visitor parking garage.
- Patient / Visitor Pick-up and Drop-off
Methodist Hospital’s lower drive is available for patient and visitor pick-up and drop-off. Please remember that the drive is a passenger loading zone only.
We recommend the use of valet parking to facilitate patient dismissals. Please remember to present your valet parking ticket to the nurse or patient escort so that your car can be waiting at the south entrance when you and/or your patient are ready to leave.
Families want to stay connected when they are with a loved one in the hospital. We have convenient access for you:
- Computers for Family Use
Computers for the use of patients and their families are available in the Family Rooms on each floor, Cyber Joe's and the North Tower Lobby.
- Wireless Internet
If you have a smartphone or portable tablet or computer, we offer free wireless Internet throughout the hospital.
- Cell Phone Precautions
Cell phones are permitted throughout the hospital except in places where electronic monitoring is used.
Methodist Hospital partners with several nearby hotels to offer lodging for hospital guests. Rates are subject to change based on availability and do not include taxes or fees. Please contact the hotel directly for current rates and availability.
Embassy Suites by Hilton Old Market
555 S 10th St.
Omaha, NE 68102
Home2 Suites by Hilton Omaha
4440 Douglas St.
Omaha, NE 68131
Sonesta ES Suites
6990 Dodge St.
Omaha, NE 68132
Hampton Inn Aksarben
1401 S 72nd St.
Omaha, NE 68124
Staybridge Suites Omaha 80th & Dodge
7825 Davenport St.
Omaha, NE 68114
Omaha Marriott Regency
10220 Regency Circle
Omaha, NE 68114
TownePlace Suites by Marriott
10865 West Dodge Road
Omaha, NE 68154
Best Western Old Mill Inn
650 N 109th Court
Omaha, NE 68154
Hampton Inn Old Mill
11201 Davenport St.
Omaha, NE 68154
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Central Omaha
8736 West Dodge Road
Omaha, Nebraska 68114
6201 Center St.
Omaha, NE 68106
As a patient of Methodist Hospital, you have our commitment to meet your individual nutrition needs. We understand you, and your visitors, may not desire or be able to adhere to a schedule. We are pleased to offer you several unique options for food service.
Room Service for Patients
Methodist offers a full range of snacks and meals made to order at your convenience.
- To place your order, make a selection from the menu located in the back pocket of this brochure and call 4-4900 from a hospital phone or (402) 354-4900. Your meal will be delivered by a room service ambassador within 45 minutes of your order being placed.
- Room service is available from 6:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. seven days a week.
- Snacks are always available for our patients in the nourishment stations on each floor. If you need assistance, please contact your nurse.
Meals and Snacks for Visitors
- The cafeteria, located on the 2nd floor, is open 6:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. and midnight to 3 a.m.
- Family members may order guest trays at the same time patients order their trays. Menu items for guest trays are priced à la carte. Cash payment for guest meals is due upon delivery.
- Scooter's Coffee is located inside Methodist’s computer lounge, Cyber Joe’s, on the 1st floor between the North and South Tower lobbies. Scooter's full selection of coffee, tea and smoothies, as well as a variety of food options, is available Monday – Friday 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. as well as Saturday and Sunday 6 a.m. to noon.
- Vending machines are also located on the 1st floor outside the Emergency Department, in Cyber Joe’s, and on the 6th, 7th, 8th and 9th floor walkways.
Social Services personnel are available to assist you with planning for care after you leave the hospital and can provide additional information or services that will promote continued healing.
Spiritual care services staff members are available for visitation, prayer and spiritual encouragement 24 hours a day, seven days a week. To request spiritual care services while inside the hospital, dial 0#. If you need assistance contacting your minister or the community chaplain, please notify your nurse.
Visitation, Prayer and Spiritual Encouragement
To meet the spiritual needs of patients and their families, spiritual care services staff are available at the hospital 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Our in-house chaplains honor and affirm all faiths, values and cultures and are available to help patients and families in any way they can.
To request a visit by a hospital chaplain, contact your nurse or call "0".
How We Can Help
Chaplains can assist in many ways:
- If you are struggling with the meaning of your illness.
- If you have concerns with spiritual issues outside of illness.
- If you are wrestling with difficult treatment choices.
- If you would like to request a religious ritual specific to your tradition or beliefs.
- If you desire to express anxiety or fear or to confide in a "safe" person.
- If you have received bad news.
- If you are far from home and would like support.
- If you are anticipating surgery.
- If you would like someone to pray with you or bless you.
The Adam M. Koslosky Reflection Garden was dedicated at Methodist Hospital in October 2020. The garden honors Adam M. Koslosky, who fought a courageous battle with colon cancer in 2018.
The garden is a beautifully landscaped area that provides families and patients a private space to gather. It features retaining wall seating, wheelchair and hospital bed access, beautiful foliage and a water feature.
- Valet Parking