Methodist Jennie Edmundson Hospital Visiting Hours and Policy
Hospital and Facility Visitor Policies
EFFECTIVE MONDAY, April 3, 2022:
Masks are not required for Methodist Health System patients, visitors and health care staff in public or patient care settings, regardless of vaccination status (COVID-19 and/or influenza). This includes Methodist acute care hospitals, ambulatory venues and home health locations.
- Individuals may choose to continue to wear masks.
- Regulatory mandates will supersede any relaxation in masking requirements.
- All staff and providers who are asked by a patient to wear a mask are expected to do so.
- This does not apply to masking requirements for other purposes, including patients, staff and visitors in respiratory/droplet/airborne isolation and employee health return-to-work requirements.
Visitors and Support Persons
- There are no restrictions on the number of support persons allowed to accompany a patient at Methodist Physicians Clinics, Hospital-Owned Clinics and Outpatient Diagnostics.
- There are no restrictions on the number of visitors for patients during regular visiting hours.
- In Surgical Care Settings, two support persons are permitted in the waiting areas during regular visiting hours at hospital locations.
- The Emergency Department (ED) allows up to two visitors/support persons to stay with an ED patient. Additional visitor restrictions may apply, as determined by the patient care team.
Critical Care, NICU and Other Specialty Units:
- Critical care, NICU and other specialty units may have additional visitor-specific guidelines.
- In Inpatient Behavioral Health Settings, two adult support persons per day are permitted.
- Patients receiving end-of-life care as determined by the care team are an exception to the policies above.
- Additional exceptions may be discussed with the facility's administrative personnel or infection prevention experts.
- It is the expectation that family and visitors are free of communicable diseases and comply with infection control regulations and other Methodist Health System policies and procedures.
- Family or visitor presence may be limited during times of seasonal and/or transmissible illness in the community