Methodist Jennie Edmundson Hospital Visiting Hours and Policy
Visitor hours at Methodist Jennie Edmundson Hospital are 5 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Hospital and Facility Visitor Policies
EFFECTIVE MONDAY, OCTOBER 17, 2022:
- Masking is optional at some Methodist Health System clinics.
- When visiting a Methodist Clinic – please be mindful of the posted signage indicating if a mask is required.
- Our staff are also happy to assist and provide clarification.
Hospitals and Clinics within Acute Care Hospitals:
- All adult and child visitors/support persons will continue to be screened and must be capable of wearing well-fitted, hospital-grade, multilayer procedural masks.
- Fabric masks, gaiters, vented masks, face shields and bandanas are not allowed.
- Fabric masks over surgical masks and nonvented N95/KN95 masks may be allowed.
- Appropriate masks will be provided at entrances.
Visitors and Support Persons
- There are no restrictions on the number of support persons allowed to accompany a patient at Methodist Physicians Clinics, Hospital-Owned Clinics and Outpatient Diagnostics.
- There are no restrictions on the number of visitors who may visit non-COVID patients during regular visiting hours. Visitors may access all public areas and do not need to leave the hospital immediately after visiting patients.
- Lab-confirmed COVID-positive patients will be permitted to have up to two visitors at a time during regular visiting hours. Visitors should not access public areas during or after their visit and should leave the hospital after visiting the patient.
- In Surgical Care Settings, two support persons are permitted in the waiting areas during regular visiting hours at hospital locations.
- The Emergency Department (ED) allows up to two visitors/support persons to stay with an ED patient.
Critical Care, NICU and Other Specialty Units:
- Critical care, NICU and other specialty units may have additional visitor-specific guidelines.
- In Inpatient Behavioral Health Settings, two adult support persons per day are permitted.
- Patients receiving end-of-life care as determined by the care team are an exception to the policies above.
- Additional exceptions may be discussed with the facility's administrative personnel or infection prevention experts.
Cafeteria and Gift Shop
Visitors are encouraged to stay in the patients’ rooms and waiting areas, but may access the cafeteria locations and gift shop.
Patient and Visitor Services
Learn about additional patient and visitor services, such as interpreters, spiritual care and service animals,