Before visiting, please review our current visitor policies and COVID-19 information.
Methodist Hospital Visiting Hours and Policy
Visitor hours at Methodist Hospital are 5 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Hospital and Facility Visitor Policies
EFFECTIVE MONDAY, OCTOBER 17, 2022:
Hospitals and Clinics within Acute Care Hospitals:
- All adult and child visitors/support persons will continue to be screened and must be capable of wearing well-fitted, hospital-grade, multilayer procedural masks.
- Fabric masks, gaiters, vented masks, face shields and bandanas are not allowed.
- Fabric masks over surgical masks and nonvented N95/KN95 masks may be allowed.
- Appropriate masks will be provided at entrances.
Visitors and Support Persons
- There are no restrictions on the number of support persons allowed to accompany a patient at Methodist Estabrook Cancer Center, Hospital-Owned Clinics and Outpatient Diagnostics.
- There are no restrictions on the number of visitors for patients during regular visiting hours.
- In Surgical Care Settings, two support persons are permitted in the waiting areas during regular visiting hours at hospital locations.
- The Emergency Department (ED) allows up to two visitors/support persons to stay with an ED patient. Additional visitor restrictions may apply, as determined by the patient care team.
Critical Care and Other Specialty Units:
- Critical care and other specialty units may have additional visitor-specific guidelines.
- Patients receiving end-of-life care as determined by the care team are an exception to the policies above.
- Additional exceptions may be discussed with the facility's administrative personnel or infection prevention experts.
- It is the expectation that family and visitors are free of communicable diseases and comply with infection control regulations and other Methodist Health System policies and procedures.
- Family or visitor presence may be limited during times of seasonal and/or transmissible illness in the community
Cafeteria and Gift Shop
Visitors are encouraged to stay in the patients’ rooms and waiting areas, but may access the cafeteria, coffee shop and gift shop.
Patient and Visitor Services
Learn about additional patient and visitor services, such as interpreters, spiritual care and service animals.