For COVID-19 and vaccination updates, view our information for the community. If you're experiencing symptoms, call your primary care provider.
Methodist Jennie Edmundson Hospital is happy to provide several options for patient and visitor parking as well as Internet access, dining options and spiritual care services to all patients and visitors. Click the options below to learn more about these amenities and more.
Free, convenient patient and visitor parking is available in the Parking Garage and the Doctor’s Building parking lot. Patients and visitors are cautioned not to park in reserved areas or certain designated areas, especially in the Emergency Department drive. The Emergency Department drive is reserved strictly for emergency vehicles. Be sure to lock your car. For more information, see our campus map.
We are available to help if you need assistance after hours or on weekends, call Methodist Jennie Edmundson Hospital Security at (712) 396-6000.
The gift shop is located on the first floor, near the Chapel. The gift shop offers cards, magazines, flowers, gifts, beverages, candy and incidentals.
Monday – Saturday, 9 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Sunday, 1 – 8 p.m
Families want to stay connected when they are with a loved one in the hospital. We have convenient access for you:
Computers for Family Use
Computers for the use of patients and their families are available in the Family Rooms on the third floor and the Family Resource Center.
We offer free wireless Internet throughout the hospital for your smart phones, tablets, and computers.
Cell Phone Precautions
Cell phones are permitted throughout the hospital. Please note that patients and visitors may be asked by staff to refrain from using devices at any time.
As a patient of Methodist Jennie Edmundson Hospital, you have our commitment to meet your individual nutrition needs. We understand you, and your visitors, may not desire or be able to adhere to a schedule. We are pleased to offer you several unique options for food service.
Room Service for Patients
Methodist Jennie Edmundson Hospital offers a full range of snacks and meals made to order at your convenience.
- To place your order, make a selection from the menu located in the back pocket of this brochure and call 4900 from a hospital phone 4900. Your meal will be delivered by a room service ambassador within 45 minutes of your order being placed.
- Room service is available from 6:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. seven days a week.
- Snacks are always available for our patients in the nourishment stations on each floor. If you need assistance, please contact your nurse.
Meals and Snacks for Visitors
A variety of meal and snack options are available to visitors:
- The cafeteria, located on the lower level, is open Mon. - Fri. from 6:30 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- On weekdays from 2 p.m. - 7 p.m. or weekends 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., dial 4900 to order meals from our Meals-to-Go menu which can be picked up in the kitchen. Cash and credit cards are accepted.
- Room service guest trays can be ordered any day from 6:30 a.m. - 7 p.m. and be delivered with or to the pateitns room. Menu items for guest trays are priced à la carte. At this time, room service can only accept cash and payment is due upon delivery.
- Vending machines are located on the 2nd Floor of the 201 Building near the 2H Elevator and in the Family Waiting Room on the 3rd Floor.
Methodist Jennie Edmundson Hospital provides Medi-Van services to patients with limited means of transportation the opportunity to access all of the hospital’s services and has grown as our patient’s needs have grown. By offering programs like the Medi-Van, Methodist Jennie Edmundson Hospital continues to fulfill its obligation of providing quality health care to all individuals in our community. This program is made possible by the Methodist Jennie Edmundson Hospital Foundation.
Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
To schedule Medibus services with Methodist Jennie Edmundson Hospital, call (712) 396-6025.
The Methodist Jennie Edmundson Chapel is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week for meditation and spiritual reflection. It is located on the first floor, near the Gift Shop. A quiet visitation area is located next to the Chapel. In recognition of the importance of ministering to your spiritual and physical needs, the hospital has established a community chaplaincy corps consisting of several pastors/ministers from the community.
A member of the corps is available on-call to respond to your requests for chaplain services such as visitation, prayer or spiritual encouragement. If you need assistance in contacting your minister or the community chaplain, please notify your nurse.