For COVID-19 updates, view our information for the community. If you're experiencing symptoms, call your primary care provider.
Surgical Patients and Visitors
- Affiliated Organizations
- Awards and Accreditations
- Careers and Job Opportunities
- Community Benefits
- Mission, Vision, Values and Commitment
- Billing and Insurance
- Clinical Trials
- Labor and Delivery Preadmission Form
- Get Care Today
- Methodist Fremont Health
- Methodist Hospital
- Methodist Jennie Edmundson Hospital
- Methodist Physicians Clinic 8111 Dodge
- Methodist Physicians Clinic Indian Hills
- Methodist Physicians Clinic
- Methodist Women's Hospital
- Methodist Health Partners
- Methodist Mobile 3D Mammography
- Patient Care Estimates
- Admission Forms
- Methodist My Care
- Patient Education
- Patient and Visitor Services
- Pregnancy to Parenthood App
- Recognize Staff
- Request Medical Records
- Provider and Employee Resources
- Acute Rehabilitation
- Bariatric Surgery
- Behavioral Health
- Birth Services
- Cancer Care
- Clinical Trials
- Diabetes and Endocrinology
- Emergency Services
- Family Medicine
- Geriatrics and Senior Services
- Home Care
- Hospice Care
- Infectious Disease
- Internal Medicine
- Lung and Pulmonary Medicine
- Nutrition and Weight Management
- Pain Management
- Palliative Care
- Pelvic Pain & Sexual Medicine
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Physical Therapy
- Primary Care
- Reproductive Health
- Skin Renewal Services
- Sleep Services
- Travel Medicine
- Urgent Care
- Vascular and Vein
- Virtual Care
- Women's Health
- Wound Care
Preparing for Surgery
Our Surgical Services Booklet (also available in Spanish) contains more detailed information about your surgery preparation, maps to the location and additional helpful information. If you have questions regarding your procedure, call your surgeon or health care provider. Our Bathing Before Surgery (also available in Spanish) sheet also contains important pre-op information.
Real-time Surgical Updates
You will be able to easily track the progress of your loved one through surgery and recovery using Perioperative Tracking.
To protect privacy, patient names are replaced with case numbers, which are assigned per patient and based on the location of their surgery. Your loved one’s case number will be provided to you. Perioperative Tracking monitors are located in the following locations:
- Methodist Hospital: Inpatient and Outpatient Surgery waiting rooms, Café 8303 and the coffee shop.
- Methodist Jennie Edmundson Hospital: First floor waiting area inside the East entrance.
- Methodist Women's Hospital: The first floor dining area and the second floor surgery waiting area.
If you have questions or concerns during your time with us, please don’t hesitate to ask for information or assistance from the surgery waiting area receptionist, volunteer or nurse liaison. After hours, call the Methodist Hospital operator by dialing ‘0’ on an in-house hospital phone and ask for the House Supervisor.
If you have a desire to reduce or limit the use of donor blood during your surgical procedure, please visit our page on Blood Conservation.
Dial 4-3-9-9-9 for immediate help for a patient
Methodist Hospital is committed to patient safety. We believe in teamwork and ask that you partner with us to help keep your loved one safe.
The team of family, patient and staff
Methodist Hospital’s FIRSTeam (Family Initiated Rapid Response Team) is a safety tool for patients, families and visitors. FIRSTeam brings together the patient, their loved ones and a team of health care professionals to keep the patient safe.
Anyone can summon help
This program allows patients, relatives, friends and acquaintances to summon the FIRSTeam if the patient needs immediate, emergency medical attention simply by dialing 4-3-9-9-9 on the house telephone.
Specialized staff, including a critical care nurse, a respiratory therapist and a supervisor, trained in emergency care will respond promptly.